Why You Should Work at an Impact-Driven Company
Millennials are known as the purpose-driven generation and it has been estimated that Millennials will represent 75% of the workforce by 2025. A survey by Net Impact, a leadership accelerator for students and emerging changemakers, found that 72% of students about to enter the workforce stated that making an impact was important for their happiness. Point being, the prevalence of impact-driven businesses is growing and the idea that companies should be socially responsible is here to stay. Looking for a career yourself? Check out our recent job offers on www.realchangers.com
Here are 5 reasons why you should be working at an impact-driven company:
- You get to use your experience and skill sets to make a difference towards causes you care about. It’s an opportunity to invest yourself in the issues that are important to you.
- Work for a company whose values mirror your own
- Working for a company with a mission that you connect with can give you a greater sense of identity and value with your employer. Breann Lange of Toms Shoes said that having a common mission “sets the bar higher in how the company treats people.”
- Sense of community
- When you work amongst others who believe in the same mission as you do, more collaboration and a sense of camaraderie occurs.
- Learn new skills
- When you believe in a company’s mission, it’s even easier to learn new skills, such as creative problem solving. Getting involved in activities outside of your usual job responsibilities can encourage professional and personal development.
- Work-life balance is a strong indicator of overall happiness. By working for a company and being surrounded by coworkers whose values align with your own, you are more likely to enjoy your career.
Realchangers’ mission is to connect people with social impact companies. Take the step towards a better future by signing up today!
Latest posts by Eileen Tran (see all)
- How to Become an Impact-Driven Company - September 13, 2018
- Social Tech Trust – Transforming Lives through Tech - September 5, 2018
- Why You Should Work at an Impact-Driven Company - August 28, 2018