Who is Babylon?
Our mission is simple: to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. We’re at the forefront of making two worlds converge – tech and healthcare.
Imagine being able to access a doctor, within minutes, from an app on your phone.
Well, now you don’t have to imagine…
Babylon has partnered with TELUS to bring Canadians “Babylon by TELUS Health” – a service that is revolutionizing Canadians’ access health information and primary care.
What does it mean to be Babylonian?
We hire only the best.
Our doctors are given the freedom to think big, grow, and create a better, healthier world for all.
If you’re passionate about our mission – improving access to primary care across British Columbia (and soon, across Canada) – we want you to join our team!
The Associate Medical Director Opportunity at Babylon Health:
– Reporting to the Medical Director (Canada), this part-time position (2.5 days per week) will be one of the key members of the Senior Clinical Team, supporting the work of our physicians and allied health professionals, and leading the development and refinement our quality and governance standards.
– We currently have ~20 physicians providing clinical coverage 7 days per week to British Columbians. This position supports our growing physician team by taking responsibility for the day to day oversight of clinical quality and governance of our Canadian service.
– In this leadership position, you’ll be providing clinical and quality guidance to our clinical team. This will involve reviewing and auditing consultations (our virtual appointments are recorded) and providing feedback to help our exceptional physicians deliver even better care. In addition, you’ll take the lead on complaints and incident investigations.
– You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in the day to day management of a rapidly growing HealthTech startup that is committed to improving access to care for patients around the world and is recognized as a leader in providing virtual care. As such, we’ll need you to participate in the out of hours clinical on call rota from time to time.
– You’ll have the opportunity to speak to our patients to gather feedback and then partner with our physician team to elevate patients’ expectations of care. Our goal isn’t just to be a leading virtual care provider; but to become the leading provider of high-quality care in BC and Canada.
– You’ll also get to partner with our allied health team and work with dieticians, counsellors and more to provide a truly holistic healthcare experience for our patients.
What we’re looking for:
– You must be a fully-licensed physician eligible to practice medicine in BC.
Ideally we’re looking for a physician who has been practicing for at least 5 years. An understanding of the challenges experienced by patients and primary care providers is important.
Previous experience holding a leadership position in healthcare.
You may be called to be the voice of Babylon in media. The ability to speak succinctly about clinical quality and governance practices as it relates to virtual care will be necessary.
What We’re Offering for the Associate Medical Director position:
– Competitive salary, share options and paid MSP.
– 4 weeks’ vacation (pro-rated for part-time).
– Extended health benefits from day one (medical, dental, vision, etc).
– Work at our soon-to-be-completed, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown (TELUS Garden) with great views and lots of natural light.
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job