We Are Orchard is a management agency for associations that actively contribute to the development of an environmentally-friendly circular economy.
Our mission is to ensure we can live on this planet sustainably – but in order to achieve this, we need to effect change much faster than we are now. Focusing exclusively on industries that will help meet this objective, notably anaerobic digestion, biogas and cleantech, we provide management support to organisations that drive those game-changing sectors forward.
We assist our clients in communicating their sector’s value, winning government support, accessing new markets, attracting investment and amplifying their R&D programmes. We offer strategic advice, a full range of management services (policy, membership, events, publications, and finance) and practical support to enable our partners to be as effective as possible.
Our current clients are the Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association (ADBA) and the World Biogas Association (WBA). Additionally, We are Orchard manages the annual cleantech investment event Cleantech Innovate.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a group of dynamic and passionate people active within the circular economy industry, located in central London, just a stone-throw from the lively Southbank and its foodie and cultural surroundings.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Business Development and Membership Manager to lead the growth of the World Biogas Association, including membership acquisition activities to ensure a high level of member recruitment, retention and loyalty. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your business development, membership, sales and account management experience within an international membership environment and to join a passionate team on a mission to make a difference.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
• Developing the activities of the WBA to grow the membership from its nearly 100 members today to 1,000 members by WBA’s fifth birthday in 2021
• Increasing the participation of member companies in the Association’s activities
• Reviewing and clarifying the value proposition for each membership category to ensure there is a clear return on investment for members
• Developing and implementing an effective membership engagement plan that maximizes member retention across all categories
• Developing and implementing a membership recruitment plan to meet sales targets, build a pipeline and attract new members to the association across all categories
• Working with marketing to ensure appropriate marketing support
• Leading on member-only events to ensure they are delivering what members need
• Engaging with members to ensure a clear understanding of issues affecting members, and feeding back into the association
• Representing the association at both internal and external events around the world
• Ensuring effective representation of the Association
Job scope and responsibilities
• Ownership of the activities of the Association
• Ownership of membership recruitment process from lead to onboarding
• Ownership of annual membership renewal process
o Plan and oversee renewal campaign
o Work with Marketing and Accounts to ensure most effective renewal campaign
• Membership Marketing
o Work with Marketing to plan a long term marketing strategy to increase member engagement.
o Work with Marketing on a long term marketing strategy to increase prospective member leads.
• Membership relationship management throughout the year
o Devise and manage the Engagement plan to ensure appropriate level and frequency of contact for each membership level / type
o Member site visits
o Trade Show and event attendance
o Member dinners (including attracting funding for these from members)
o Coordinating members to create white papers etc
o Attend, contribute and manage member groups as appropriate
• Membership benefits management and development
o Review and advise realistic changes to membership offerings across membership classes to maximize both attractiveness to new members and effective retention of members
WHAT WILL I NEED?
An essential interest in sustainability, plus:
• A belief in our mission, and the will to accelerate the growth of the biogas industry to help solve today’s global challenges
• Previous experience in business development, membership or sponsorship sales in B2B or within a membership organisation
• Target- and results-driven
• Excellent relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
• Experience liaising with C-suite level individuals
• Confident sales negotiator
• Ability to maintain high standards of customer service and delivery
• Ability to quickly understand and absorb industry developments and how they will affect members
• Excellent IT and organisational skills
• Experience of using a CRM to maintain membership records
• Programme management capabilities
• Team player, enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task, take the initiative and develop own ideas
• Prepared to travel, both in the UK and abroad
If you think this is you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Tagged as: Communication, Political Communications
Description The successful candidate will have experience in all facets of maintenance in our-Model 3 General Assembly area. Maintenance supervision and leadership...Apply For This Job