We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Why you should consider applying for this role?
You’ll be helping to build the future of healthcare – affordable, accessible, high quality health and sick care; alongside some of the top AI researchers in the world; in collaboration with a passionate team of doctors and medical innovators; and in partnership with leading international tech and health care organisations.
Writing for our consumer software products you’ll be part of cross-functional product development team of designers, product managers, and engineers building our next generation applications for iOS, Android and Web. You’ll use user-centered approaches to create a content experience every bit as intentional as the design of features and functionality.
Depending on when you join specific projects may include working with our Director of Brand to craft tone of voice guidelines, auditing our app error messaging, crafting an engaging new member onboarding experience, developing and A/B testing value propositions, creating a content strategy for notifications, or designing processes for managing content requests, reviews and iteration. You may also have opportunities to work with our conversational chatbot and voicebot teams including close collaboration with our in-house medical content teams.
• Write clear, concise user-interface text for web and mobile (interaction flows, emails, notifications, navigation).
• Advocate for users while understanding product and business goals.
• Present your work and articulate your approach to teammates, product owners and other stakeholders.
• Work with an agile product team comprised of product managers, engineers, designers, and researchers to define content requirements and launch world-class products.
• Help coordinate translations, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed in a fast growth start-up environment.
• Use data and research to evaluate your content’s impact, and push for continuous improvement that shows real business results.
• Mentor and provide feedback on writing and design as a resident expert wordsmith.
• Maintain and develop Babylon style guides and evanglises for best content practices within the product and marketing teams.
• Build, evolve and scale editorial processes, standards, and tools.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few notes on basic requirements to consider before you apply…
• We will expect you to share proof of your fantastic writing abilities via a portfolio of writing samples and style guidelines representing team and personal accomplishments.
• You have a minimum 3 years of relevant experience on user-focused writing including work with software products, digital agencies, documentation or journalism.
• We expect you have BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or related work experience.
• Preferred candidates will have some familiarity with user experience research practices, using data to inform their solutions, and basic interaction design principles.
• You’re a naturally positive, enthusiastic, collaborative person looking to grow within the team and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment.
Competitive salary package including share scheme
Free Babylon for you and your family
One of the nicest offices you’ll ever see, located in the heart of Chelsea
Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
On site table tennis and video game competitions
Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
Free weekly yoga or football sessions
BUPA health and life insurance
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare