We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We are currently a team of 300+ software engineers, scientists, product managers, and doctors, yet this team will double in size in 2019. To prepare us for this growth, we are recruiting senior candidates for Director of Engineering positions.
· Provide engineering leadership to multiple teams.
· Help to provide engineering solutions to problems that have not been solved before.
· Coach engineering leads on how to best lead and inspire their teams.
· Ensure the teams follow rigorous engineering processes, appropriate for a regulated environment.
· Act as the chief architect for the work your teams engage in.
· Ensure the team builds products that scale to the demands of babylon’s global business.
· Work with other senior engineering and product leaders on creating appropriate processes and culture.
· Experience of leading engineering teams of at least 25 people.
· Experience of mentoring engineering managers and team leads
· Experience of delivering microservices on a large scale.
· Experience of architecting and scalable global services and applications. Must be a strong architect with current architecture skills, capable of leading design reviews for complex services.
· Experience of devising and managing software engineering processes, especially in regulated environments.
· Deep experience with continuous integration and QA is required.
· Comfortable talking about technical things with business people and business things with technical people.
· Experience of working with data science and AI technologies is preferred.
· Experience of scaling and optimising – end to end projects.
Competitive salary package including share options scheme;
Good Maternity Policy;
Paternity & Adoption Policy;
25 days holiday;
Flexible working environment;
Free Babylon for you and your family;
Private Health – family included;
Gym in the office;
Free healthy breakfast and snacks;
Onsite table tennis and video game competitions;
Work communities – “PODs” – Power of Diversity groups
Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment;
Hosts of meet-ups and speaking opportunities;
Free weekly yoga or football sessions.
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job