LONDON, UK OPERATIONS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME
About Fat Lama
We are the platform for the future of ownership.
What if owning things were no longer important? What if those expensive items that are hard to find, can be available to you in a second? What if that investment you have already made can be used to pay for those things you can’t afford to own?
At Fat Lama we believe in that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Fat Lama is the fastest growing peer-to-peer rental marketplace in the world. It allows people to rent spare items to others nearby, fully insured. This is a rare opportunity to join a startup in an exciting growth phase, having recently been part of Y-Combinator S17. You will learn about all the inner workings of a disruptive young company, and become a key member of the team from day 1.
How can I help?
We are looking for 3 motivated and enthusiastic Operations Managers individuals to join the team immediately. You can choose to work Full-Time or Part-Time and cover either UK working hours (8am-4pm) or US working hours (4pm-11pm) ideally with at least some weekend coverage. There will be opportunities to rise quickly within the team as we grow, and spend time in our New York office if you would like.
The role will develop as we expand. Key aspects include:
Operations: A large part of the role is managing the operations to ensure the rentals and payments go through smoothly. This ranges from monitoring customers through our online verification process, managing our payment system, and resolving any hiccups that might occur along the way.
Community: Dealing with inbound questions from new, curious customers. Across our instant chat platform Intercom, emails, and phone calls. Ensuring we continuously improve the quality of support we offer to our users.
Product Development: Working with the Product Development Team, collecting and responding to feedback through online and offline routes. Liaising with our Product Team about bugs, issues, product feedback, and potential changes to our platform. Focusing on user experience and design.
* You are highly driven, hard-working and very determined
* You take pride in your work and have a high standard for anything you do.
* Fat Lama is on a journey to be a household name alongside Airbnb and Uber. This ambition is reflected by every member of the team and we all work like crazy for the common goal. A genuine team spirit and enthusiasm for what we are doing is crucial to join us.
* Outstanding people and communications skills.
* Proven experience multitasking, enjoy being busy and thrive under pressure.
* Ability to improvise, use your initiative and act independently if required.
* Customer service experience
* You will be joining at a critical period of growth for the team. We are currently 13 people but aim to be 60 by the end of the year. This is a unique opportunity to join at an exciting time and help us scale the operations team internationally. There will be opportunities for career progression and to rise to roles of significant responsibility very quickly through this journey should you prove yourself.
* We have a social budget which goes towards a team social event every month. People take it in turns to organise this so it can be anything from dinner and drinks to Go Karting.
* Competitive pay and equity package. The opportunity to get equity in this fast moving company is significant, and is likely to be at least 10 times more valuable within 6 months, and onwards from there.