Who is Babylon?
Our mission is simple: to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. We’re at the forefront of making two worlds converge – tech and healthcare.
Imagine being able to access a doctor, within minutes, from an app on your phone.
Well, now you don’t have to imagine…
Babylon has partnered with TELUS to bring Canadians “Babylon by TELUS Health” – a service that is revolutionizing Canadians’ access health information and primary care.
What does it mean to be Babylonian?
We hire only the best.
Finance pros, creatives, strategists and analysts keep the Babylon mission growing around the world. We won’t stop until everyone, everywhere, has access to healthcare – right now, at least half the world’s population doesn’t. We’re going to change that.
If you’re passionate about our mission – improving access to primary care across British Columbia (and soon, across Canada) – we want you to join our team!
The Finance Lead opportunity at Babylon Health:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance & Ops (Canada), this position will be one of the core members that forecasts the next stage of Babylon’s growth and, as soon as this summer, will have ownership of the Finance function for Babylon in Canada.
– We’ll need you to lead the preparation of month-end management accounts including both P&L and balance sheet. The role will also involve being the primary liaison with the UK finance team to manage business case creation and approval for Canada.
As we prepare to scale our team into the hundreds, you’ll get to own the annual budgeting process, along with re-forecasting during each year as we grow and expand our services across Canada.
– Our suppliers, partners, and vendors help us move our business forward and this role will oversee making payments on time, handling ad-hoc queries and building relationships within our community.
– We currently have about 25 people on payroll but anticipate this growing into the hundreds. You’ll be responsible for the collation and submission of bi-weekly payroll for doctors and head office staff but also setting up the finance function to handle payroll at scale.
– You’ll get involved in project accounting in areas such as sales tax, new province business cases and physical premises costing. If you’re interested in a role that has a lot of variety and, on occasion, a few unexpected curveballs then you’ll enjoy the challenge at Babylon.
– As the primary finance person, the ability to view the business from a bird’s eye perspective while also getting into the finer details will be needed. You’ll need to be comfortable analyzing current processes and workflows, and be able to provide financial insight into the business strategy, and ensure that Babylon Canada complies with statutory requirements.
What we’re looking for:
– CPA-designated or equivalent certificationPost-qualified experience within a finance department of rapid-growth company (e.g. growing from 50 to 200 employees).
– This includes the design and setting up of enterprise financial reporting and payment processes. The ability to demonstrate experience in financial accounting and planning.
– Proven technical knowledge, ability to drive key accounting cycles process and management experience alongside evidence of implementing business and process change
– Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
What We Offer to Babylonians
– Competitive salary, share options and paid MSP.
– 4 weeks’ vacation (pro-rated for part-time).
– Extended health benefits from day one (medical, dental, vision, etc).
– Work at our soon-to-be-completed, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown Vancouver (TELUS Garden) with great views and lots of natural light.
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job