Who is Babylon?
Our mission is simple: to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. We’re at the forefront of making two worlds converge – tech and healthcare.
Imagine being able to access a doctor, within minutes, from an app on your phone.
Well, now you don’t have to imagine.
Babylon has partnered with TELUS to bring Canadians “Babylon by TELUS Health” – a service that is changing how Canadians can access family physicians and AI healthcare support.
What does it mean to be Babylonian?
We hire only the best, then we let them lead the way to innovate and develop our AI and software platforms. Our scientists, doctors and engineers are given the freedom to think big, grow and create a better, healthier world for all.
If you’re passionate about our mission – and providing amazing care and support to our patients across the province (and soon, across Canada) – we want to hear from you about joining our team as a Babylonian!
The Opportunity at Babylon Health:
The End User Support Engineer is responsible for providing end user support services to a team of ~20 as we get ready to scale into the hundreds. While the position reports into UK headquarters, this is the first IT hire for our Vancouver team and you’ll be the go-to IT person as we build new infrastructure for our Canadian operations. Working outside regular office hours may be required from time to time.
– You’ll have the opportunity to partner with our team to help create and maintain a high standard of end-user support.The Babylon team use both Windows PCs and Apple Macs so you’ll get to keep your skills sharp on both platforms which use standard and bespoke applications.
– We’ll also need help with triaging and setting up hardware (phones, tablets, printers) and software including Office365, G-Suite, Okta and other platforms we use.
– We’ll need you to be the lead person to work with third party service providers to ensure end to end support is maintained for our office staff and our remote physicians who are providing virtual consultations.
– You’ll get to work cross-functionally with other departments such as Clinical Operations and People & Culture to setup laptops for new team members.
Internal customer standards are key – we’ll need your help maintaining company SLAs and building new standards altogether.
– As the key IT person you’ll get to be a key contributor to End User IT systems in relation to new building fit-outs or changes/moves, including video display systems and video distribution systems.
The Tech Details:
We’re more concerned with impact versus years of experience. That being said, we do need you to have experience with the following:
Supporting and rolling out Okta, Airwatch, and Google MDM.Familiarity with ITSM tools such as JIRA with the ability to self-prioritise accordingly.
Knowledge of SCCM and software distribution tools; basic networking including troubleshooting DNS / DHCP issues; network router/firewall configurations, patching and cabling systems.
Experience in a support position with an enterprise organization or rapidly scaling company.
The ability to support office telephony systems.
What We Offer to Babylonians
– Competitive salary, share options and paid MSP.
– 4 weeks’ vacation + stat holidays (or days off in lieu if you work during a stat).
– Extended health benefits from day one (medical, dental, vision, etc).
– A soon-to-be-completed, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown (TELUS Garden) with great views and lots of natural light.
How to Apply:
Ready to join us at this exciting time as we introduce Babylon by TELUS Health into the Canadian healthcare system, and expand across multiple provinces?
Great, here’s how to join the team:
1. Apply with your resume
2. A traditional cover letter isn’t necessary but send us a note about why you’re passionate about joining a team that is changing the landscape of healthcare and improving access for Canadians.
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job