We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Why you should consider applying for the role?
We’re looking for a exceptional VUI Designer to join our London based team to craft easy-to-use, thoughtful, engaging voice assistant experiences our patients, doctors, and partners will love.
You’ll be designing the future of healthcare – affordable, accessible, high quality health and sick care; alongside some of the top AI and M/NLP researchers in the world; in collaboration with a passionate team of doctors and medical innovators; and in partnership with leading international tech and health care organisations.
You’ll also be joining Babylon Health at an exciting and challenging time as we aggressively expand our products to serve new markets ranging from Africa, South Asia, Europe, Middle East and the USA, while also emphasising the importance of an easy-to-use, outcome driven, and delightful product experience on across devices.
Designing for VUI requires strong UX experience, combined with knowledge about the problems unique to voice. The type of work you’ll be doing includes:
• Designing voice assistant experiences within the Babylon Application, Alexa, Google and emerging voice and multi-modal platforms as part of a cross-functional product development team.
• Researching user behaviour and how people speak – feeding utterances to a team to ensure that the system understands and acts on real world inputs and scenarios.
• Creating and iteration on product strategy – responding to different user and business needs as they’re identified.
• Adapting the Voice UI as a key touchpoint with our brand – how to represent the Babylon brand by creating a persona for the interface as well as users.
• You’ll be a great writer; you’ll write clear, concise content, and successfully predict how people will respond, while verifying their designs with evaluative testing. You’ll know how to create a flow that works across multimodal contexts.
• You will set up usability test environments for voice including some in-context testing, e.g. in people’s homes. You’ll be scripting tests, moderating them, and analysing results. You’ll also have opportunities to partner with devoted user researchers on testing and have a keen eye and ear for how people feel about the experience they’re having; the things they’re not saying.
• Help us build a strong design and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the design guild, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organisation, and actively participating in the London and global design community.
What are we looking for?
You have mature people and leaderships skills – Design is not only about craft, for this role we also expect you have begun to master several key people and leadership skills. These include communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience; receiving and giving constructive feedback; and leading workshops as a facilitator. Finally, you’ll be able to share with us stories where you’ve shown resilience, organisational awareness and most importantly empathy and compassion.
A portfolio of work which includes:
• Designing and delivering speech-enabled interaction flows across a variety of usability contexts and device types.
• Qualitative usability testing for voice.
• Persona designing/writing. Experience working with voice talents, and with coaching “in context”.
• Designing and tuning directed dialog and natural language speech grammars.
• Technical knowledge of the mechanics of speaking and writing.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes on basic requirements before you apply…
• We will expect you to share a thoughtful portfolio representing your most significant team and personal accomplishments. It will highlight case studies that illustrate your experience and ability to deliver on the above job description. It will show your process and showcase your design facilitation expertise. You’ll share projects where user research, iteration, and design thinking led to successful, measurable outcomes for your client or company.
• We expect you have built your career on a solid foundation of language, interaction design, and user-centered methods likely based upon an academic degree in a relevant field.
• You’re a naturally positive, enthusiastic, collaborative person looking to grow within the team and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment.
Competitive salary package including share scheme
Free Babylon for you and your family
One of the nicest offices you’ll ever see, located in the heart of Chelsea
Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
On site table tennis and video game competitions
Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
Free weekly yoga or football sessions
BUPA health and life insurance
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job
what you’ll be doing We’ve got some big marketing and new product development plans and we’re looking for an experienced...Apply For This Job