what you’ll be doing
Hello, we’re innocent.
We are already well on the way from being the UK’s favourite little smoothie brand to being Europe’s favourite little healthy drinks brand – with major operations across Western Europe and a range that spans smoothies, juices, coconut water, dairy free, gazpacho and more. To continue our impressive growth we are really excited to be building our very own carbon-neutral, super-sustainable factory where we can do all the making of our drinks, from fruit to fruit-in-a-bottle, under one roof.
Quality and Food Safety are extremely important to us, so we’re looking for a Quality & Food Safety Leader to form part of our factory leadership team
This role, together with the factory leadership team will be designing and implementing the new factory, the systems and the team who’ll run it.
Reporting in to the Site Director, you’ll be accountable for all aspects of Quality & Food Safety, identifying and mitigating risk, driving quality improvement while ensuring regulatory and compliance requirements are met. You’ll be responsible for implementing the innocent technical strategy within the factory, developing and delivering both long-term and short-term goals and driving the factory in-year plan. You’ll be driving a culture of continuous improvement and innovation, as well as ensuring top-notch safety standards and keeping everyone engaged in food safety.
• Identify, select, recruit, and lead a high performing team
• Contribute to overall factory strategy, leadership development initiatives
• Manage your team performance in order to deliver versus the objectives
• Manage team administration (Shift patterns, holiday cover, team budgets)
• Management responsibility for all aspects of product quality, food safety, legality and integrity, ensuring all relevant standards are met
• Manage the factory laboratory, QMS and QA resources on site
• Support an integrated Quality, Environmental & Safety management system
Strategy & communications
• Contribute to 3 year strategy planning and recommend 1 year plan (for your area) and be accountable for in-year delivery against plan
• Cascade factory technical communications and keep the factory connected to the wider innocent company
• Implement quality and food safety management systems, including external verification and certification
• Responsible to ensure all systems and processes are validated and verified appropriately
• Responsible for recruitment in line with best practice
• Responsible for ensuring new equipment and processes are correctly validated and verified on an ongoing basis
• Actively involved in creating the new site HACCP and determining CCP’s and prerequisite requirements
• Experience and track record of outstanding leadership in quality and food safety, risk assessment, decision making, coaching, management and communications
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and across innocent sites and externally
• English/Dutch language skills
• Experience of quality improvement and food safety leadership in a factory environment.
• Experience of working in an organisation with a genuine commitment to sustainability would be desirable
• Knowledge of Dutch and European food legislation and regulations.
• Sound knowledge of micro-biological issues and controls in food and drink manufacture
• Possess a deep knowledge of HACCP & BRC requirements with experience on implementation or management of HACCP systems
• Good analytical & problem-solving skills and high attention to detail.
• Ideally qualified in Food Science or a related subject.
You will help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities across Europe as well as a competitive rewards package.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. You’ll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon.
This role is being managed by our UK office, not our Amsterdam office, so please get in touch with us in London for more info
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don’t have to. We’re all about being healthy and happy here at innocent so we’re open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it’s good for you, then it’s good for us.
No agencies please.
Tagged as: Food, Health, Organic, Smoothies, Sustainable Food