We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What do we want?
We are a team of energetic, positive and passionate Android engineers who take pride in the quality of our work. We are looking for similar like-minded people who want to join us in working on the next-generation, award-winning healthcare app. The work we do can vary; one day you might be working closely with the AI team on a new feature, next day you will be working on enhancing the security of our app, refactoring some legacy code or fixing a nasty bug that was discovered. You need to enjoy building Android apps in Kotlin using the latest methodologies such as Clean Architecture and MVP and cutting-edge technologies and libraries such as Dagger 2 and RxJava.
· Constantly deliver high quality code according to our agreed architecture and coding standards
· Come up with suggestions to continuously improve the development process and the team
· Share knowledge in the form of documentation and regular team lunch + learn sessions
· Participate in more than one ongoing development team and project at a time
What matters most?
· Proven ability to take ownership of Android products of non-trivial engineering complexity and provide mentorship to more junior engineers.
· Hands-on Android engineering experience throughout the whole development lifecycle; understand product requirements, design the implementation and write functional code and unit tests
· Deep understanding of modern Android development techniques and the Android SDK
· Ability to constantly deliver high-quality readable, maintainable, testable and performant code
· Has hands-on experience with working on at least one commercial Android app
· Good team player
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
Who is Babylon? Our mission is simple: to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every...Apply For This Job
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job