We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What will you be doing?
You will be working on our Healthcheck platform providing AI enabled coaching, focused on changing member’s habits to better manage their chronic conditions and health goals. Personalised care plans cover medication, nutrition, education, and exercise. Leverages data from wearables and the member’s health record.
This self-service platform can easily be scaled to multiple partners, regions, and health conditions. Empowers partners to easily build custom applications and experiences on top of this platform, or design tailored care plans.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes on basic requirements to consider before you apply.
Key Skills Required
· You can demonstrate solid coding skills;
· You apply bullet proof system design skills with a track record of working on scalable architectures
· You have worked extensively with REST APIs and streaming based applications;
· You have worked with a variety of datastores both SQL (such as Postgres or similar) and NoSQL;
· You ensure quality is paramount, and can write unit, integration and performance tests;
· You take full ownership of the development lifecycle with experience in DevOps and continuous integration;
· You are open to lending a hand as a full stack developer, collaborating closely with iOS and Android engineers;
· You enjoy mentoring and coaching engineers of mixed levels;
· Ideally you have experience in functional programming and distributed systems. Any experience working with time-series datasets is desirable;
· Substantial experience in developing robust, scalable and production grade applications on the JVM.
Competitive salary package including share options scheme;
Good Maternity Policy;
Paternity & Adoption Policy;
25 days holiday;
Flexible working environment;
Free Babylon for you and your family;
Private Health – family included;
Gym in the office;
Free healthy breakfast and snacks;
Onsite table tennis and video game competitions;
Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment;
Hosts of meet-ups and speaking opportunities;
Free weekly yoga or football sessions;
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job