We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Why you should consider applying for this role?
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Product / Experience Designer to join our London based team to craft easy-to-use, thoughtful product experiences and engaging interfaces that our patients, doctors, and partners will love.
You’ll be designing the future of healthcare – affordable, accessible, high quality health and sick care; alongside some of the top AI and M/NLP researchers in the world; in collaboration with a passionate team of doctors and medical innovators; and in partnership with leading international tech and health care organisations.
You’ll also be joining Babylon Health at an exciting and challenging time as we aggressively expand our products to serve new markets ranging from Africa, South Asia, Europe, Middle East and the USA, while also emphasising the importance of an easy-to-use, outcome driven, and delightful product experience across all devices.
There are several key initiatives we expect a Senior Designer to lead depending on when you join us. These may include:
• Redesigning the information architecture and navigation of our consumer apps – iOS, Android and Web – and rapidly producing multiple concepts and prototypes to validate with users.
• Identify and design solutions for the top usability issues across our app and clinical tools considering quant data, health and commercial outcomes of the enhancements.
• Partner with user research to craft and validate personas, scenarios, and jobs to be done for your area of the product. Identify opportunities to share compelling stories about the customer experience in order to persuade, generate interest, and recommend ways our current experience could be improved.
• Facilitate cross-discipline sessions as part of early product definition – likely pulling from a tool box of lean UX approaches, design sprint and prototyping methods. You have a keen eye for detail, but know how to rapidly solve problems using everything from a basic sketch to high fidelity prototypes.
• Design the next generation, AI-driven clinical interface our in-house and remote doctors use for their virtual consultations and within our physical clinics. Work within our existing UI pattern library as well as work actively to evolve our UI to best compliment the new brand, technical constraints and customer needs.
• Create user journey maps illustrating user needs, pain points, and business opportunities as we evolve our apps to provide additional sick care, health assessment, coaching and monitoring services to our members. Help us understand the key needs and design solutions that support successful long term condition management.
• Ensure our products follow accessibility targets and create a standard through our design pattern libraries and interaction design guidelines. We’ll expect you to think creatively about a solution, for example sometimes the answer is to change copy, not to redesign. You’ll then use your gravitas to ensure you have the ability to defend your design decisions.
• Help us build a strong design and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the design guild, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organisation, and actively participating in the London and global design community.
What are we looking for?
At this level, we expect:
• You have transitioned from doer to leader, understanding the broader business and customer context for your work. Contributed to multiple shipped products and roughly have 5-10 years of experience. You have several years experience designing consumer focused tech for responsive web and native apps.
• You can share situations where you have led the solution for a significant user journey and developed the process/approach for tackling a problem. You have experience facilitating workshops and leading meetings. Have proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and teams (AI, Engineering, Marketing, Product) to develop concepts and products.
• You’re an expert in several core design skills. We don’t believe in the design unicorn, so we expect you have a specialised depth and/or breadth of expertise across the UX and product design spectrum of core skills. Depending on your strengths, leadership, people skills, and interests you will be joining one of our rapidly growing design teams which focus across our journey including Consumer apps for our members, Clinical experiences for our Doctors and Admins, Partner portals, and Assistant experiences. You’ll be expected to work closely with a diverse team of design and research peers who may have other areas of expertise, strengths and capabilities that balance your own. This role will likely report into either a Director of UX or a Lead Designer.
• You have mature people and leaderships skills. Design is not only about craft and at this level we also expect you have begun to master several key people and leadership skills. These include communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience; receiving and giving constructive feedback; and leading workshops as a design facilitator. Finally, you’ll be able to share with us stories where you’ve shown resilience, organisational awareness and most importantly empathy and compassion.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes on basic requirements to consider before you apply…
• We will expect you to share a thoughtful portfolio representing your most significant team and personal accomplishments. It will highlight case studies that marry beautiful design with solid UX insights and a user-centered approach. It will show your process and showcase your design facilitation expertise. You’ll share projects where user research, iteration, and design thinking led to successful, measurable outcomes for your client or company.
• You have minimum 8+ years of experience, working on a diverse range of problems, delivering great design work particularly for responsive web and native apps.
• We expect you have built your career on a solid foundation of interaction design, communication design and user-centered methods likely based upon an academic degree in design or HCI.
• You’re a naturally positive, enthusiastic, collaborative person looking to grow within the team and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment.
Competitive salary package including share scheme
Free Babylon for you and your family
One of the nicest offices you’ll ever see, located in the heart of Chelsea
Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
On site table tennis and video game competitions
Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
Free weekly yoga or football sessions
BUPA health and life insurance
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job