We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Why you should apply for this role?
We’re looking for an exceptional Service Designer to join our London based team to craft easy-to-use, thoughtful products and services that our patients, doctors, and partners will love.
You’ll be designing the future of healthcare – affordable, accessible, high quality health and sick care; alongside some of the top AI and M/NLP researchers in the world; in collaboration with a passionate team of doctors and medical innovators; and in partnership with leading international tech and health care organisations
You’ll be joining Babylon Health at an exciting and challenging time as we aggressively expand our products to serve new markets ranging from Africa, South Asia, Europe, Middle East and the USA, while also emphasising the importance of an easy-to-use, outcome driven, and delightful product experience across all devices.
• Your primary role will be to help integrate our efforts across teams into a coherent user journey. This role is has a significant coordination component — connecting all the frontline people and who will be delivering the service. This involves facilitation and co-creation, coming up with solutions that will work across roles and contexts.
• Improving sick and healthcare is clearly a service design problem – you’ll help build a systems-level understanding of all the touchpoints and contexts (virtual doctors, physical clinics, home, work, wearables, voice assistants, pharmacies, gyms) that go into delivering our health and sick care services.
• For our members, you’ll create user journey maps illustrating user needs, pain points, and business opportunities as we evolve our products to provide additional sick care, health assessment, coaching and monitoring services to our members. You’ll outline the key needs and design solutions that support successful long term condition management.
• Your designs will force the business to work across silos – illustrating how our a customers’ interact with marketing, product, AI, clinicians, and support. They will also highlight how certain touchpoints, such as messaging, may be overloaded (or under-utilised) with poorly aligned interactions.
• For our doctors and administration staff, you’ll design the service and administration experience supporting the recruitment of new doctors, their virtual consultations experience both in-house and remote, and our to-be- designed physical clinics.
• You’ll partner with user research to craft and validate personas and scenarios for your services. You’ll identify opportunities to share compelling stories about the customer experience in order to persuade, generate interest, and recommend ways our service experience could be improved.
• Once a solution is live, your focus may shift to training and implementation, supporting people as they execute the service.
• Last, but not least, you’ll help us build a strong design and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the design guild, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organisation, and actively participating in the London and global design community.
What are we looking for?
At a this level, we expect:
• You have transitioned from doer to leader, understanding the broader business and customer context for your work. Contributed to multiple shipped products and roughly have 5-10 years of experience. You have several years experience designing services which integrate physical and digital services.
• You can share situations where you have led the solution for a significant user journey and developed the process/approach for tackling a problem. You have experience facilitating workshops and leading meetings. Have proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and teams (AI, Engineering, Marketing, Product) to develop concepts and services.
• In addition to your expertise in Service Design you’re strong in several additional core design skills . We don’t believe in the design unicorn, so we expect you have a specialised depth and/or breadth of expertise across the UX spectrum of core skills. Depending on your strengths, leadership, people skills, and interests you will be joining one of our rapidly growing design teams. You’ll be expected to work closely with a diverse team of design and research peers who may have other areas of expertise, strengths and capabilities that balance your own.
• You have mature people and leaderships skills. Design is not only about craft and at this level we also expect you have begun to master several key people and leadership skills. These include communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate solutions effectively, regardless of the audience; receiving and giving constructive feedback; and leading workshops as a design facilitator. Finally, you’ll be able to share with us stories where you’ve shown resilience, organisational awareness and most importantly empathy and compassion.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes to consider before you apply…
• We will expect you to share a thoughtful portfolio representing your most significant team and personal accomplishments. It will highlight case studies that marry elegant service design with solid UX insights and a user-centered approach. It will show your process and showcase your design facilitation expertise. You’ll share projects where user research, iteration, and design thinking led to successful, measurable outcomes for your client or company.
• You have minimum 5+ years of experience, working on a diverse range of problems, delivering great design work particularly across multi-touchpoint consumer or enterprise experiences.
• We expect you have built your career on a solid foundation of design and user-centered methods likely based upon an academic degree in design or HCI.
• You’re a naturally positive, enthusiastic, collaborative person looking to grow within the team and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment.
Competitive salary package including share scheme
Free Babylon for you and your family
One of the nicest offices you’ll ever see, located in the heart of Chelsea
Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
On site table tennis and video game competitions
Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
Free weekly yoga or football sessions
BUPA health and life insurance
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job