We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Senior Software Engineer – (Java, Scala)
Salary: Market Rate – Dependant on Experience
Only Direct Applicants will be considered (no agencies please)
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer – (Java, Scala)
You will be working on our health management platform providing AI enabled coaching, focused on changing member’s habits to better manage their chronic conditions and health goals. Personalised care plans cover medication, nutrition, education, and exercise. Leverages data from wearables and the member’s health record.
This self-service platform can easily be scaled to multiple partners, regions, and health conditions. Empowers partners to easily build custom applications and experiences on top of this platform, or design tailored care plans.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes on basic requirements to consider before you apply.
Key Skills Required
· You can demonstrate solid coding skills in Java or Scala
· You apply bullet proof system design skills with a track record of working on scalable architectures
· You have worked extensively with REST APIs and streaming based applications (ideally with Kafka)
· You have worked with a variety of datastores both SQL (such as Postgres or similar) and NoSQL (such as Cassandra or similar)
· You ensure quality is paramount, and can write unit, integration and performance tests in your sleep
· You take full ownership of the development lifecycle with experience in DevOps and continuous integration
· You are open to lending a hand as a full stack developer, collaborating closely with iOS and Android engineers
· You enjoy mentoring and coaching engineers of mixed levels
· Ideally you have experience in functional programming and distributed systems. Any experience working with timeseries datasets is desirable.
· You are enthusiastic and full of positive energy.
· You love bringing people along for the ride, sharing your knowledge and experience.
· You don’t mind changing direction because being agile is in your genes.
· You are always open to new ideas from team members and love bringing new ideas to the table.
Qualifications and Experience
· BA and/or MSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Substantial experience in developing robust, scalable and production grade applications on the JVM
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job