We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Summary of the role:
We are seeking a driven and innovative solutions architect to join our growing team and help generate solutions to address and meet various requirements and needs. In this role, you will work on a variety of projects and will play a key part in making sure that end results are designed according to the relevant patterns and analyses. You will engage with customers, partners, and prospects to help deliver the Babylon technology. The successful candidate will act as an arbitrator between the customer, sales, sales and engineering teams, and will help define exceptional solutions for our customers. You will be required to perform system analysis to transform business requirements into analysis and design. Based on this analysis, the successful candidate will create technical specifications, analysis, design artifacts, and software artifacts that are used to define key deliverables, estimate with great accuracy the costs involved, and help design an accurate statement of work (SOW) for the customer. You will also be embedded with the engineering team to help build the necessary solution and to integrate it into the actual product. This is a great role for software engineers willing to learn more around a range of technologies and Machine Learning, in a customer facing environment.
· Actively listen to client problems and needs to implement that information when creating solution plans
· Work with the Solutions Consultant, Project Manager and Engineering leads to clarify customer requirements on design, delivery, customization’s and alterations
· Collaborate with project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions
· Comprehend business strategies and requirements and develop necessary designs and plans to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs
· Provide advice and make decisions about which technologies would be suitable to use for various projects
· Assess and evaluate risk as required
· Ensure that the customer receives an exceptional experience and receives an exceptional product, suited to their needs
· Work embedded in the engineering team to develop the product to meet the client requirements
· Create and maintain project documentation throughout the lifecycle of the project
· Report on progress to the Project Managers, and ensure the project progresses in a timely manner
· Report on risks and issues to the Project Manager
· Work with sales and/or pre-sales in defining and delivering proof of concepts
· Ensure that risks are managed within the business through responsible and diligent behavior
· Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested
· 3 to 5 years’ experience of solutions architecture within a delivery and customer facing role in a software company or mid-tier technical consulting organization
· Working knowledge of cloud deployments in AWS and/or Azure
· Good working knowledge of Java, and/or Python
· Some exposure to Machine Learning and AI preferable, but not essential
· Experience in healthcare preferred, but not essential
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related field
· 3+ years of work experience in a relevant role
· Proven history of generating innovative and effective solutions
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
· Someone who is tenacious
· Ability to manage conflicting requirements, and to work in a rapidly changing environment
· Works well with ambiguity – this role aims to transform ambiguity into clarity
· Inquisitive mind, with an ability to switch between tasks rapidly
· Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
· Previous project management experience is preferred
· Austin, TX (Greater Area)
Tagged as: Digital Health, Health, Healthcare
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on...Apply For This Job