Helpfulpeeps is a community of likeminded people who share their time, energy, skills and knowledge to help each other for free. The community has a simple ethos: ask for help when you want and help others when you can.
What are helpfulpeeps community values?
- Community — we believe that each of us has time, talent and creativity, which can be used to add value to each other and the community at large.
- Sharing — we believe in sharing our human capital (time, energy, skills, knowledge) with each other free of charge.
- Human connections — by taking money out of the equation we believe that we create opportunities for deeper, more meaningful connections that are more fulfilling than monetary transactions.
- Pay it Forward — we believe in helping with no expectations because if you’re helping someone and expecting something in return, you’re doing business not kindness. We simply pay it forward and spread the kindness.
- Karma — we believe in karma and this allows us to help with no expectation of reward safe in the knowledge that someone in the helpfulpeeps community will do the same for us.
- Inspire positive change — we believe that even the smallest act of helping another is like a drop of water; it will make ripples through the entire pond.
How does it work?
Anyone in the helpfulpeeps community can post a request for help. This post will appear on the public feed which is visible to all members and then those who are able and willing can offer a helping hand. All help is given free of charge. However each time you help someone you earn ‘karma’ which acts as your reputational equity on the network. We call it the karma economy!